Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Women

 Last night I relaxed my mind long enough to watch a movie. For some reason I settled on The Women I say this because it's been on a million times and I've never had an inkling to watch it before. I'd saw the original with Joan Crawford so I figured there wasn't any way the second one could compare with the first. Boy was I wrong. I loved this movie I plan on buying it on DVD. I related to the main character Mary played by Meg Ryan. I loved the fact there were no men in the remake just as in the original. The plot was Mary a seemingly happy but bored designer who's husband is found out to be cheating on her with a hot chick played by Eva Mendez. Mary's best friend's find out and confront the hussy and then Mary goes off on a woman's retreat to get her mind right. There she meets a woman played by Bette Midler (who I love) Bette's character ask Mary "What do You want?" She goes on to tell Mary she has to find out what she wants and be selfish about it, she said remove everything that is negative out of your life, live your dream. The Great Bette Midler was talking to me. I watched the movie and rooted for Mary even though I knew everything would turn out right after all it is a movie.
Then I thought about  my life. I sat down and wrote a list of everything I wanted in my life. Do you know the list did not include a man (the last one did). After I made the list I looked it over and I was very proud of it because I didn't post material things I posted spiritual wants, my book being published and the want of health, happiness and a stronger family. I posted I knew the truth was in me and my wanting to travel. I added a red paper heart put it in a plastic baggie and sealed it with a sign over it with Protected from now on I will protect my heart.   You know I've been here in my life before. Betrayed, unwanted and sadden by the lost of what I thought was love. I never took the time to just completely focus on me I was too busy trying to look for someone else to fill my days and nights with pretty lies. I'm not looking anymore! I am going to concentrate wholly and totally on ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment