Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Date night

Tonight I have a date. I met a guy on a online dating site. He left me a unique message and I responded. He's e-mailed me very nice e-mails and we've talked a few times. He seems to be a nice guy. Financially secure and sure of himself. He doesn't seem like a game player but they rarely show their true colors until you are in love with them. Really it seems as if he is everything I've been looking for. Smart, funny, ambitious, flattering and honest. Yet there always is a but....I'm not spilling that just yet.
Anyhow, he calls when he says he will and emails me long interesting witty emails. He seems to be very sincere. I want to take this slowly of course because I actually enjoy dating. Plus I don't want him to be the rebound guy. Like Dude was.
I meet interesting guys when I date but there always is something about them I can't put my finger on. So I dump them or don't return their calls. Then I end up with guys like Dude.
 I've been thinking maybe it's because of my father. The reason I think this way is because there's a saying men pick their mothers as mates and women pick their fathers.  Dude had all of my fathers characteristics. My father denied me from day one (like Dude) because he was 65 and my mother was 37 when she had me. I wasn't raised in the house because I was in and out of foster homes. He was in and out of my life (like Dude). Nothing I ever did was good enough (Dude). A smile from him was like a ray of sunshine on my sun starved face (Dude).  When I gave birth to my son my father finally accepted the fact that I was his because he saw his nose on my son's face. Then he realized the terrible mistake he'd made all those years. By that time it didn't really matter to me.
I digress, I hope tonight works out. This time I'm doing something different. No more Dudes for me I'm stepping my game up!

No comments:

Post a Comment